Monday 8 February 2010

Must see 80's films

Having spoken with a number of younger in my church, there seems to be a huge hole in their knowledge and experience of classic 80's films. For me this is a 'rite of passage' of sorts that involves exposure to lessons in life from cinematic quality such as 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off', 'War Games' (completely random that they are both Matthew Broderick films), 'Tron' and others.

So the list begins here and I invite you to not only list your film choices from this era but also the life lesson it teaches:



War Games - nobody wins in thermo-nuclear war

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - life is for living

Tron - if life were a computer game it would be even more dangerous, particularly if you happened to find yourself in one of today's violent offerings

Ghostbusters - (the first film I remember seeing at the cinema) 'I aint afraid of no ghost'

No comments:

Search This Blog